As always and promised we continue to uplift our community by promoting Queer SMMEs. This is especially important as some of our people’s businesses have been hit hard by the pandemic. This month we ‘sat’ with Thembinkosi Kitshini of Sijadu Consulting and asked him to tell us more about their organisation:
By Maureen Majola
Q: If you were to describe Sijadu Consulting to someone who does not know of it, what would you say?
A: We, South Africa’s leading black-owned B-BBEE advisory and Implementation firm:
- Offer tailor-made Enterprise & Supplier Development (ESD), Transformation and Socio-Economic Development solutions to corporate South Africa
- As a Level 1, 100% black designated groups-owned entity, Sijadu Consulting is the ideal B-BBEE partner
- Our ESD solutions have created jobs, supported and developed entrepreneurs while optimising preferential procurement in the supply chains of our clients
- Our solutions are tailored for each client’s specific circumstances, to produce enduring and impactful results
Q: What inspired the start of Sijadu Consulting?
A: Having worked as an Executive in various corporates, I realised that there was a need for bespoke B-BBEE advisory and implementation solutions. Many service providers offer “off the shelf” solutions that sometimes do not necessarily make business sense for corporate clients. That prompted me to interrogate ways in which one could enhance the corporate experience of implementing B-BBEE, while incorporating it into their strategy.
Q: Tell us about your customer base? What kind of patrons are you looking to attract?
A: Our client base is any business that operates in South Africa with a desire for Transformation and mandate of B-BBEE compliance
Q: Tell us about your service offering?
A: Our Services Include:
- SMME Incubation
- Implementation of Socio-Economic Development (CSI) Programmes
- Supplier Verification and Training
- Enterprise and Supplier Development
- Supplier Sourcing
- B-BBEE Verification Support
- SMME and Supplier Capability Assessments
- B-BBEE Training & Support
- SMME Mentoring and Coaching
- Overall B-BBEE Scorecard Consulting & Implementation
Q: How did Covid19 affect your business?
A: Our business was highly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. Some of our clients closed shop, while others implemented extreme cost saving initiatives. We have managed to keep the lights on by ensuring that we remain relevant to the market and introducing a new suite of services to meet our clients’ needs.
Q: Where can we find out more about Sijadu Consulting?